BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE & WRAPPING

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas is the best and worst time of the year. It is the least stressful and the most stressful and that is entirely down to having to find the perfect gift for SO many family members, friends, partners...
As this will be my last Christmas without too many bills etc to pay I wanted to make it special so have spent time in selecting the perfect gift for those around me. Having gone through the struggle myself, I thought it would be useful and helpful to you guys to put together a Christmas gift guide. After searching through many blog posts and getting inspiration from others who always wrap their presents beautifully, I have aimed to theme my wrapping and have included this below. It's cheap, cheerful and fun- making the Christmas tree look 10x more impressive and do my gifts justice.

*Here are a few ideas and bits and pieces I have bought- But remember that everyone is different and likes different things so not all my gifts for others are included as some are more personal.* 

For Mum




Following years of receiving stockings, I thought it would be nice to put together one for my parents. My mum has a particular taste and it has taken years of watching what she puts on her skin and paints her nails with to figure out what she likes. L'Occitane, Liz Earle, Nails Inc, Philosophy... she loves them all. The stocking filler section at my local John Lewis made sure it was easy and relatively inexpensive to treat my mum to the perfect stocking.

John Lewis:

  • L'Occitane shea butter hand cream and soap gift set: £9
  • Nail Polish bauble: £5
  • Philosophy hand cream bauble: £8.10
  • Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish: £9



For her main present, a perfume is usually a fail safe choice for my mother- why not check her dressing table and surprise her by refilling her collection? This Botanical Essence perfume by Liz Earle lasts ages as a little goes a long way- with No100 having just made a return to the stores, making it perfect to surprise my mum with.

John Lewis:

  • Liz Earle Botanical Essence No100:£47

For Dad 






For my dad's stocking- food was a clear theme as my dad, along with many other dads, cannot get enough of chutneys and jams. Buying him something to enjoy and bits and bobs to aid his cooking will brighten up his Christmas and I'm sure some of these items will make an appearance over the festive period.

John Lewis:

  • Chutneys and dips: £6
  • Marmalade: £4
  • Giant gingerbread: £4
  • Truffle Cracker: £2



These giant sets are perfect for male family members. This cheese board set, filled with quince jelly and fig relishes, is ideal for my father, with the grilling selection a good choice for my Uncle. I highly recommend these for the men in your family as Edinburgh covers everything from a Ploughman's lunch to curry spices.


John Lewis:

  • Cheese Board selection: £14
  • Grilling Sauces and Marinades: £15
For Grandparents


My grandparents differ greatly, with my Dad's mum and dad being more into the Garden and my Mum's mum being far more feminine and dainty. However, I find buying for Grandparents my favourite as they are more open to traditional gifts, making wrapping so much more fun as I can be creative with matching tea and quaint tea cups for a truly British edge.


The Calender Company:

  • Cockapoo Calender (my pup is a cockapoo and my nan adores my dog): £9.99 
Sainsbury's:
  • Bone China tea cup: £4
  • 'Mrs' Mug: £4
John Lewis: 
  • Cartwright and Butler traditional tea: £8
  • Matching Marmalade: £4
  • Cath Kidson hand cream set: £10
For Friends/Boyfriend
I pretty much class these under the same category because it's shopping for the same age range- I haven't included most of my presents for friends and my boyfriend because they are quite personal but why not try making a scrapbook/ photo album/ fill a photo frame? Book tickets for a show? Book to take them out for a meal? Day out? During the heavenly experience that is Black Friday I bought my boyfriend some stuff off Topman so I highly recommend checking out their selection of shirts, gifts and stocking fillers- you can't go wrong.



Black Friday Special: £25! 

 John Lewis: £17.99 



John Lewis: £9



Let's just pretend that I didn't buy the frozen CD for my boyfriend because I am fed up of listening to heavy metal in his car... Sainsbury's £7.99 and £9.99



Christmas mugs filled with Hot chocolate...Sainsbury's £4 each


Skin care Cracker from Cowshed...John Lewis £7.50


Wrapping

After watching SprinkleofGlitter's impeccable wrapping every year in her videos, I thought it was time I upped my game. However, I know what I'm like and how presents can get so frustrating when 3 hours later you are still wrapping so I raided my local Card factory for easy, yet interesting ways to wrap my presents. Deciding on a red knit and brown paper theme, this is what I bought- all for ridiculously cheap prices!


Brown wrapping paper: 79p
Red wrapping paper: 3 for £1


Luxury tags: £1.99


Quoted cards: £1



You Might Also Like

0 Comments