CHRISTMAS NIGHT IN: BLOGMAS FAVOURITES

Saturday, December 06, 2014




Welcome to Blogmas!
Christmas is my favourite time of year- as many others say too. Out of everything, my favourite part about this festive time of year is having the opportunity to catch up with family members, eat until you burst and treat yourself along the way. However, although Crimbo is openly welcomed, the icy blasts of winds, rain and freezing conditions are certainly not. This is why I fill the winter months with many pamper nights, giving my skin a treat and preparing myself for the day to follow. Here are my current, affordable picks to give you a little lift and make you feel ready to face the world.



Soap and Glory
Scrub'em and leave 'em body buff
£2.50 for 50ml

Find me here


Description: A body buff, from Soap & Glory, containing babassu oil, sea salt and moisturising jojoba and mandarin oils. Scented with Mist You Madly’s beautiful notes of bergamot, blackcurrant, magnolia, freesia, vanilla and musk.


Boot's come out on top with their 3 for 2 on travel size toiletries as it gives buyers the chance to try out rather pricey products-for a cheaper price. I often visit the soap and glory travel section as, as much as I love the majority of their products, it is expensive to buy their full sizes and find out that not all of them work for me. This body scrub has been a saviour in the cold months as the scent entices you into actually taking care of your skin. This scrub makes you feel squeaky clean and refreshed, with this small travel size giving you a good 6-7 generous uses. To add a little extra oomf, your skin is left with the smells of bergamot and freesia as those are heavy components. Cheap pick-me-up to shake up your shower/bath time.




Montagne Jennesse 

Coconut face mask
£1-£1.29 per sachet/at Boots or Superdrug/ supermarkets 

Description: Creamy coconut hydrating vitality boost for tired skin


I cannot stress how long I've been purchasing these sachets for- I remember, back when I was even in primary and had pocket money, going and buying one of these after school and applying it with friends as a 'sleep over ritual.' Me and my childhood best friend swore they were sent from the Gods and they are still a firm favourite with me. A typical face mask, this one is my favourite as it isn't as heavy as the others. The formula is softer and, when rinsed, actually feels that it has made a difference. Religiously, I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as my go-to but to shake things up or as a little 'treat', these make for a nice change to routine. They smell exactly what they are described as, which is a bonus as it is really off putting when a product smells nothing like promised.  





No7 Stay Perfect nail colour
Devils Delight
£6/7 each

Find me here

Description: No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour gives a pigment rich colour with a quick drying ultra gloss finish.

Painting my nails is such a rare occurrence nowadays because I'm not allowed nail polish on for work so, by the time I paint them, I only have a few days to enjoy the colour. This is where fast-drying nail polish is more than welcome. I have loved No7 nail polishes for ages because the selection of colours available are just outstanding and the quality of product is brilliant for its price. As it is approaching christmas, I've been turning to deep shades and festive colours- with this particular polish making many repeats. Fast to dry, easy to remove- this nail polish is a dream. 



Nivea cashmere moments
Cream shower oil
£1.99 for 250ml

Find me here

Description: Let this dermatologically approved, cream oil formula with cashmere extract caress your skin with its indulging foam, while the scent of Orchid Blossoms enwraps you in a feeling of pure luxury.
Its Hydra IQ Moisture Technology will leave your skin feeling moisturised, even after towel drying.
A night in is not complete without a steaming hot bath and, in the absence of Lush bath bombs and melts (which happens alot as there isn't a lush store near me), I've been turning to bath and shower oils as I find they lather up far better than cheaper bubble baths. I gravitate towards buying smaller bottles or anything new to the market, especially 'reformulated' products as I love shaking it up- the same bath over and over again is so bland. This oil was new to the store near me so I thought I'd give it a go and I was extremely impressed- my skin felt so much softer, my bath was filled to the brim with bubbles and the scent was heavenly. 


Sanctuary Spa
Cocooning body butter

£9.50 for 200ml
Description: Containing shea and illipe as well as beeswax & sacred lotus, this luxurious The Sanctuary Spa Treatments Relax Cocooning Body Butter 200ml leaves your skin incredibly soft and smooth whilst protecting the skin from moisture loss. The luxurious fragrance helps to melt tension away so you feel calm and relaxed, you'll forget the troubles of the day!
Vetivert helps to calm the mind, Cedarwood helps to promote a sense of clarity and Labdanum helps to provide gentle relaxation!

I love Sanctuary Spa products and often find myself gaining a few over Christmas and birthdays as they often do many gift sets to try out their most loved products. Body butter and moisturisers are so important in the winter months in order to restore some moisture and protect against those harsh conditions and this body butter is just heavenly! The smell, with a strong shea scent, is enough to relax you into a sleepy state, making for a relaxing product- if that is even possible. My skin is left feeling so soft and looks so glossy and glowing following application. The consistency has got to be my favourite part and it glides on, being more of an easily broken down butter rather than a thick butter typical of somewhere like the body shop. When dry, my skin drinks up the moisture of this product in seconds, taking a measly amount of time to sink in. Vital for, not only a night in, but every day.



To top the night off, nothing beats a good old cup of tea and some christmas films. Elf is a modern classic and Frozen adds some songs to the mix- but How the Grinch stole Christmas will forever be my favourite. Dr Seuss makes me feel like such a kid and I love Jim Carrey so it is no wonder I have to watch this over and over again- even when it isn't christmas. Although hot chocolate is a good pick for the winter months, I am drinking enough starbucks to last me a lifetime so these earl grey teabags are soothing and make for an alternative to the average cup of tea. Fragrant in nature, they are enough to send me off to sleep. Throw all of these products together and give me a bed and I'm ready and prepared to enjoy the cosy nature of the winter months. 


You Might Also Like

0 Comments