STAPLES HAUL

Friday, May 01, 2015

Long time no see! Everything has been really hectic (something I will update you with soon) but I wanted to write in asap. Last Sunday was my birthday and payday combined (result!) so, as I have a surprise tomorrow which means I have no idea what to wear, I decided to go out and grab some staple items to make me look and feel casual but put together. There's something about buying new clothes, or even re-wearing old clothes you have forgotten about for what seems like forever, that lifts your mood and makes you feel prepared for anything and everything. With a limited choice in my local shopping center, these items are all New Look and Topshop but, with that thrown out there, let's begin with the first staple item...
*WARNING: EXPECT MONOCHROME...LOTS AND LOTS OF MONOCHROME* 

DITSY RIB V BRA
NEW LOOK
£7.99

Crop tops are a massive hit and miss for me- being a swimmer and a dancer as a child I have got very broad shoulders which means I don't always suit crop tops. However, once I tried this on I loved it! The fabric is not what you expect- it's a little thicker than every other chiffon, floaty top I own. With a few holidays coming up, as well as going out more now I'm 18, this teams well with the majority of my wardrobe and is especially versatile transferring from day to night.

STOCKHOLM CROPPED T-SHIRT
NEW LOOK
£7.99


Exam season is an excuse to wear over-sized, comfortable shirts and this cropped T-Shirt is the right balance between casual and fitted. Typically I will wear this for revision, relaxing and travelling but at just £8, it's always good to have a staple T-Shirt in your collection.

STRIPED SHIRT
NEW LOOK
£6.99


I always turn to stripes on those off days- you can't beat a plain, striped shirt! (I'm also addicted to the Hills and love their laid back style!) This one from New Look is just £6.99 and they have a range of basic shirts to team with something with a bit of oomph to make your wardrobe look effortless

CELIA MIX RELAXED PANTS
NEW LOOK
£17.99


I bought a pair of these relaxed trousers in black last year and LIVED in them! I love the pattern of these- they don't look like PJs which is what most patterned trousers look like on me. The mix up of patterns make these effortless in style and they are beyond comfortable.

JAMIE RIPPED JEANS
TOPSHOP
£42


Topshop jeans, though pricey, have a wide range and are a great investment. It took me a while to figure out my size as some materials do not fit as snug as others (especially black jeans as the cheaper brands tend to be made out of a different material to denim so will fade quicker and won't be as long lasting). Now I've got my size down to a T, I love Topshop jeans as a staple and a base, especially when I can't buy my Pacsun jeans!

CRYSTAL NECKLACE
TOPSHOP
£4 (INSTEAD OF £8.50)

I love intricate crystal jewellery and usually turn to Urban Outfitters but, as this was on sale, I couldn't resist. Paired with a plain T-shirt and jeans, this chain adds a bohemian, dainty mix to a simple outfit.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments