WHAT I GOT FOR MY 18TH BIRTHDAY

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Turning 18 seems to be a pretty big deal- as I found out a few weeks ago. I had the best weekend: with a day off work, a trip to Brighton, breakfast out with my friends, dinner out with my family and best friend and an afternoon of an 'open house' where family and friends could come in and out for cupcakes and champagne. To top it all off- a week later one of my closest friends put together a surprise birthday dinner with an Alice in Wonderland theme! I still have a 'tea for two' at Harrods to attend with my best friend (which I will definitely blog about after exams) and a show in London. I was spoilt beyond belief and still can't believe/ understand the fuss that was made of me, which is why I will share what I got for my 18th birthday as 1) I love reading these and 2) You only turn 18 once (as I was told over and over again!) so it will be nice to document the efforts everyone put in.
As an obvious disclaimer, I am not showing off as I haven't bought any of these things myself- this is a selection of presents that others bought for me and I had very little input. Not everything is included as not all would be of interest to you. 





AN INSTAX MINI 8: FUJI
My friends all chipped in to buy me this beauty- complete with film! I absolutely love it and have wanted one for so long but it felt like such a splurge for something I didn't necessarily need. This baby blue colour is so fitting to me and it will come in handy to capture this time of change as I leave school and head to university- I'm so excited to pin all my polaroids up in my student accommodation.


A COFFEE MACHINE
My Uncle joked at Christmas that he would fuel my coffee addiction with a coffee machine- I didn't think he would actually buy me one for my birthday. He also bought me boxes and boxes of pods to put in the machine so I won't have to buy any for months! I've used it and I absolutely love it- it's definitely getting me through the exam period.




TIFFANY & CO. CHARM BRACELET AND NECKLACE
My parents took me up to Tiffany's in London so I could pick out this bracelet- It's simple and timeless. My Mum also decided to buy the same one for when I'm away at University as she always wanted something matching.
This necklace, however, was bought for me by my brother. I had no idea and, as someone I'm extremely close to, I was completely shocked and thankful. He also bought me a bottle of champagne from my Nan who passed on New Year's Eve, which was extremely thoughtful of him. He wanted me to have something from him that I could keep forever and I couldn't get over how lovely it was of him.


FRENCH CONNECTION PAMPER COLLECTION.
Everything in this smells amazing- and the packaging is extremely classy. I've been wearing the body spritz everyday but am trying my hardest to keep everything else until I'm at University as a treat for myself when I can't afford to buy pampering items.



HANDMADE BATH BOMBS AND SOAPS
These look and smell absolutely gorgeous. Again, I'm trying to save these for as long as possible because they fill my room with the nicest scent but I'm not sure how long that'll last!


VICTORIA'S SECRET EAU SO SEXY PERFUME
This has momentarily replaced Alien as my favourite perfume- I adore it's light, fruity scent! It lingers on the skin, smells better everytime I spritz and the bottle is gorgeous! This perfume also reminds me of holiday as it was released when my best friend and I were holidaying in Florida, with samples of this thrown into our bags at the end of the holiday- which was too late to go and buy some due to the hefty price tag.



DOG THEMED ITEMS FROM 'LOLA'
My 'dog' bought me a glass with her face on- which will come in handy when I move out and don't get to cuddle her everyday. This set of nail files from Catseye was also a gift and they look too cute to use.


TOPSHOP GIFT CARDS
I need to get something to wear to our leaver's event so these Topshop vouchers have come in extremely handy! I will put up a post on the day of the event so keep your eyes peeled.


MACBOOK
After my birthday my laptop died an long awaited death. The fan had been broken for a while but it finally gave up and collapsed under the pressure. My parents decided to go out and buy me a laptop which will come in handy for University and this really is a beauty!

Abbi x

You Might Also Like

0 Comments