BLOGMAS: CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR HIM

Monday, December 19, 2016


Hello everyone and welcome back to Blogmas!

I adore shopping for presents and make sure I do so early every year so I don't stress and panic buy. This year I managed to be completely on top of it all and get my presents by the beginning of December, mainly due to being a student and being poor.

Men are particularly difficult to buy for and year after year it seems to get harder! I decided to, as part of Blogmas, compile my collection of gifts for the men in my life and document them here so you can either a) gain inspiration, b) see how to buy on a budget or c) just be extremely nosy and know I'm 100% okay with that!

For my Boyfriend



For his main present, I ordered him the boxset of Peaky Blinders: HMV do a fantastic selection of box sets and always have great deals on so, if you have a man or woman in your life who are particularly hard to buy for, then you cannot go wrong with popping in store or looking online

I also put together a small stocking of joke presents, including:
Barry M nail polish in masquerade £2.99
Natural Collection nail polish £1.99
A Stress Sausage from Tiger £4
Two Photo frames from Tiger £2 each
A mug from the German Christmas Market
Caramel Apple Lip Balm from Burt's Bees £5
A Wall hanger from Card Factory 99p

For Dad




Dads are notoriously hard to buy for and mine is no exception. However, whilst I usually opt for something Bowie related, with David Bowie passing this year, I felt it wrong to do so. Instead, focusing on music, I thought I'd get my dad some CDs I know he'd love. In the summer, I filmed a music video with Twin Atlantic and he's been listening to them ever since and, having just seen The 1975 in concert, dad loves listening to music I'm into:

Twin Atlantic GLA  £9.99
The 1975 I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it £5.99
Merry Xmas gingerbread heart from the German Market £5

For my brother



The older we've got, the more my brother and I have in common so I decided to play on the one thing we do best together: drink. Alongside some mini bottles of gin and whisky, collected from Sainsbury's, I ordered him some fancy cocktail tumblers.

Cocktail Tumblers £9.99

My Uncle and Grandad



It's always hard to find the right balance when it comes to present buying: which family members do I get for? How much do I spend? Will they find this funny or completely hate it? Amazon has been a saviour and, fuelled by his love for entertaining, I ordered my uncle a plant growing kit for odd coloured plants. Plant Theatre provide such quirky gifts for those who love gardening or gimmicks, with a variety of kits to grow purple carrots or orange leaves. For my Grandad, I picked up these handmade salt and pepper shakers, in the style of camper vans!

Plant Theatre Cocktail kit £7.99
200 classic cocktails book £3.99
Salt and Pepper shakers £4 each

Other gift ideas and Stocking Fillers:

Under £5
Giant Gingerbread Man £5
Candy Cane Brownie Mix £5
Rope Cutter Magic Trick £3.95

Under £15
Games of Thrones Shot Glass Set£12.99
Suicide Squad The Joker Travel Mug £10.99
Edinburgh Preserves Hot & Spicy Sauce Box  £12.00
Alphabet Notebook £6


Under £25
Light Up Message Board £19.99
Catfish and The Bottlemen The Balcony Vinyl £21.99

Hope you enjoyed!
ABBI X

You Might Also Like

0 Comments