WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS 2016

Sunday, December 25, 2016

As I sit here full and content, munching on Twiglets and watching the Great British Bake Off on the TV, Christmas draws to a close. I absolutely adore this time of year, purely for the time spent with family and friends, the crisp winter weather adding to the aesthetic of the whole occasion and the chance to binge films without judgement. Every year my nearest and dearest outdo themselves with their generosity so, as I shared with you what I bought others, I wanted to document some of the goodies they bought me. I love looking back on these and reading others so hope you enjoy it too but, it goes without saying, that I am extremely excited about my gifts, as grateful as ever and, if you see something you like the look of, make sure you treat yourself!
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!


 My parents were extremely generous and gifted me a new rose gold iPhone! It is absolutely gorgeous and I can't put it down!
My best friend put together a selection of goodies, including these Little Mermaid Socks, this gorgeous nail polish from Urban Outfitters, these quirky candles from Urban Outfitters and our traditional gift of a mason jar- this time a cocktail cup from Paperchase.



 Mum, no matter how old I get, will always plop a stocking in my room on Christmas morning, with this year's consisting of plenty of Aussie shampoo and conditioner! Alongside these I had plenty of chocolate, some No7 makeup wipes, Elnette hairspray, a Koala keyring from her trip to Australia and a Lush bath bomb!


My brother handed me a small package saying 'Sorry Ab, couldn't get you much this year.' Now, my brother has always killed it at presents, with him buying me a gorgeous Tiffany necklace for my 18th, so I didn't think anything of it. Opening the package to see a chocolate bar with my name on, I was confused to say the least. Not only because it said 'Golden Ticket inside', but also because my other brother sent me a large jar of personalised Nutella- I was thinking 'Have they worked together and decided to kill me off with plenty of chocolate?' and, even reading the Golden Ticket itself, I was still so confused. Turns out this dream of a human is taking me to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: the Musical in a few days! He knows I love acting, shows, musicals and chocolate and, although he hates them, he's happy to meet me in London after work and take me to see a show I've wanted to see for ages! As you can tell, I'm still reeling from the shock and confusion and adoration and I cannot wait!

Reece put together a stocking of all of my favourite things: colouring pencils, these adorable penguin page markers, hooped earrings, American sweets, biscuits and Alice in Wonderland loose tea. Give me anything Alice and I'm your girl and these are so lovely! He also bought me a Birmingham Monopoly edition, a Great British Bake Off colouring book and an edition of Much Ado About Nothing, my favourite Shakespeare play and the play we were studying when we met. Beyond grateful. 


My Aunties clubbed together and all gave me a tonne of money to buy myself something nice, as well as this Molton Brown hand cream set. I love things like this as I can't afford to buy it for myself now I don't have the freedom for expensive splurges so this little taste of luxury is welcomed!



My best friend at University bought me this handmade keyring/necklace (the chain came with it) from the RSC of one of my favourite Shakespeare quotes. I also just finished up on a production of this play so it was extremely thoughtful of her!



Speaking of luxury, my parents fuelled my Liz Earle addiction with this set of their Cleanse and Polish, Skin Tonic, Moisturiser and Eye Bright and my skin will be forever grateful!

What was your favourite gift this year?

Hope you enjoyed,
ABBI X

You Might Also Like

0 Comments